Blog Explained

"Face the MUSIC!!!" lives on!  This was a title I used to use way back when, back in the day when I would forcibly send emails out to people I worked with (with no "unsubscribe" option, that is), sharing music news and such.  Well, these days, I'm thankfully not doing that...I mean, it was the beginning of regular email communication, after all, and I admittedly didn't understand boundaries (yeah, I know...what can I say?).

Today, this blog is a place for me to list the endless number of albums that I've loved, adored, couldn't live without, have influenced me, greatly altered my life, changed my own personal writing, and so on.  It's sort of like the old Tower Records Desert Island Discs (DID) list except that was limited to only 10 choices, and I have a feeling mine will be very numerous.

It should be noted that these entries are not in any particular order.  Instead, it's more or less in the order I remember to write about them, so please don't look at them as a numerical ranking.  I'm also not supplying actual ratings because that's not what this list is about at all.  Lastly, be forewarned that you'll find releases in many different genres so please don't be put off if you happen to see, say, 5 prog rock albums in a row, thinking that the whole list is nothing but prog rock albums.  This list will encompass a ton of genres including rock, jazz, new age, world, etc.  You'll just have to dig through the list a bit to maybe find something that interests you.

So, why spend time on this?  Well, I do sometimes get asked what albums have influenced me, and what better way to answer that than to list those albums all in one place?  Also, for anyone who's looking to explore the many various avenues of music over the past 50+ years, hopefully everyone can find an album on this list that perhaps they've never even heard of...and it's a wonderful thing to share music.  Hopefully you'll also find something on this list that will be a welcomed addition into your life for your listening pleasure.  Enjoy!

Comments